Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Burgers

I think when people think burgers, they are thinking hamburgers. We had Spiced Lamb Burgers with Herbed Yogurt. I started the mixture by chopping in a food processor, an onion, fresh ginger, garlic, cilantro, and jalapenos. I added this chopped mixture to a pound of ground lamb and added cumin, garam masala, salt, an egg, and breadcrumbs. After mixing well, I shaped the burgers while Gerry lit the charcoal on the grill. Meanwhile, I made a sauce of Greek yogurt, cilantro, mint, more jalapenos and of course salt and pepper. Once grilled, the burgers went on the buns with the sauce, lettuce, and sliced tomatoes. These burgers were full of flavor with some spice, but not too much. I served these with a chopped salad of English cucumber, yellow tomatoes, red tomatoes, and chopped onions which had been soaked in white wine vinegar. I drizzled the vegetables with olive oil and seasoned with salt, pepper, and salad seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment