Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thai Red Curry

I love the flavors of Thai food and in particular, Thai red curry. There is a restaurant called Zenna in Plano which is where I first tried this curry and loved it. I get cravings for this dish often enough that I figured out how to make it at home. I had printed off several recipes and somehow the one I saved is not the one I originally made (I think). This one was quite good but it was finished off with a cornstarch/water mixture which made it glossy rather than smooth. I will play around with other recipes until I get it perfect. Tonight's curry started with onions sauted in canola oil, once softened you add Thai red curry paste and garlic. Add coconut milk , chicken stock and seasonings and bring to a boil. Add sliced zucchini and red pepper strips and cook for a while. I then added cubed tofu and cooked again briefly. This curry then gets the cornstarch paste added along with lemon juice and basil. Serve this over a bed of Jasmine rice. It was very good, but I think it could be better. I will keep experimenting until I get it just the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment