Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

OMG Salmon!

Gerry and I love salmon and we try new recipes periodically but we always migrate back to our favorite, Brown Sugar and Mustard Glaze. Well, I think we have found a new favorite: East Meets West Grilled Salmon with Mango Masala. This recipe is from Bal Arneson's Spice Goddess show and the salmon was spicy and warm without being over the top and delicious with the fruit topping. I started by preparing the rub for the salmon by grinding together garam masala, brown mustard seeds and a little curry powder. I then drizzled the salmon with grapeseed oil, sprinkled with salt and sprinkled on the rub, patting it on very well. While Gerry was grilling the salmon over charcoal, of course, (his new favorite way to grill), I made the Mango Masala, which starts with chopped fresh mango, and then added mango juice, minced fresh cilantro, minced red onion, fresh lime juice, garam masala and a pinch of salt. What a beautiful combination. The spices from the rub on the salmon with the cool tang of the mango masala was fantastic. I served this with Cumin Scented Rice Pilaf; simply rice cooked with a few cumin seeds added. It will be a toss-up now which salmon recipe will be our go to recipe. I highly recommend this recipe.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I feel about this... The old salmon is too tough to beat

    ReplyDelete