Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Creamy Pesto Penne


In keeping with the Meatless Monday tradition, tonight's dinner was Creamy Pesto Penne with Vinegary Tomatoes. Some whole wheat penne was cooked following package directions. While the pasta was cooking, I started the pesto in my food processor by processing some spinach, basil, plain yogurt, Parmesan cheese, a little olive oil and toasted walnuts until smooth. I added salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.

Once the pasta was done, it was tossed with the pesto and then a roasted red bell pepper, sliced, was added along with some kalamata olives. The recipe called for some chicken breast strips, but I substituted some cubed mozzarella cubes.

All of this was topped with Vinegary Tomatoes, which were simply some cut up red and yellow tomatoes combined with some white wine vinegar and salt.

This turned out to be a delicious and healthy dinner!

I gave this entree

1 comment:

  1. Vinegary tomatoes do sound delicious! You know how much I like vinegar!

    ReplyDelete