Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Stuffed Peppers


I love Ellie Krieger's food philosophy of eating the colors of the rainbow every day. If you do, you automatically get all the antioxidants you need. Today was a good food color day which I noticed as I was pulling all my food together this morning to take to work. I started my day with Greek Yogurt with fresh sliced strawberries and raspberries drizzled with honey. For lunch I had a hummus and veggie sandwich which was 2 slices of whole wheat bread toasted, spread with hummus, topped with sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes and fresh spinach. I finished off lunch with a fresh peach.

For dinner we had Greek-Style Stuffed Peppers from Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger. It's been a while since we had these and they were wonderful. We mixed together some ground beef, frozen chopped spinach, a grated zucchini, minced onion, bulghur wheat, a beaten egg, oregano, salt and pepper. This mixture went into red pepper halves, topped with finely chopped stewed tomatoes and sprinkled with feta cheese. These stuffed peppers were baked covered for 30 minutes; uncovered and baked for another 25 minutes.

I forgot how good these were!

My rating

No comments:

Post a Comment