Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pasta

Tonight I was craving the ultimate simple pasta meal - Fusilli with 3 Cheeses and Red Bell Pepper. This pasta dish is the ultimate in simplicity.

While the pasta water was being brought to a boil, I sauteed two sliced red bell peppers in a tablespoon of butter until soft for about 10 minutes. Once the pasta was cooked and drained, it was returned to the hot pot and more butter was added along with the sauteed red peppers, a combination of grated Fontina, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. The mixture was stirred to combine and I poured it all back in to the cast iron skillet that I sauteed the red peppers in. The entire pan was popped under the broiler for 4 minutes until the top just started to brown.

I also broiled some leftover hoagie rolls that were drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with more Parmesan cheese once they were golden brown.

This is a very simple, but yet decadent pasta dish that I crave periodically.

2 comments:

  1. This is also a pasta dish that Zeb craves periodically! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo true!! I need to make this ASAP

    ReplyDelete