Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tuna and Ginger Burgers

Summer is the perfect time for burgers and so I decided Tuna and Ginger Burgers were the perfect fit. This recipe was from Gwyneth Paltrow's new cookbook, My Father's Daughter.

The recipe started with wasabi powder, Dijon mustard and a little water all combined and scraped into the food processor. I added salt, pepper, minced fresh ginger, garlic and peanut oil and pulsed until everything was combined to a paste. I added some fresh tuna, that were in 1" pieces and pulsed again just to combine. I left some texture to the tuna to make the burgers. I made these early in the morning and left the burger patties, covered in the refrigerator all day to let the flavors meld together.

At dinner time, the patties went on the grill for a couple of minutes on each side until perfectly cooked. They went on toasted hamburger buns which were topped with a soy and sesame mayo, topped with baby arugula and shallots that had been sauteed in a little olive oil.

Our side dish for these burgers, was oven "fried" sweet potatoes.

We are both looking forward to having this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment