Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Caesar Salad Pasta


Tonight's dinner was a twist on a Caesar salad which is one of Gerry's favorites.

I started dinner tonight by cooking up some linguine.

Meanwhile I started the sauce by heating a little unsalted butter with some olive oil and cooking some shallots and anchovies over medium heat until the shallots were soft and the anchovies were just about melted away. I added some garlic and cooked another minute. I then stirred in lemon juice, lemon zest, Worcestershire sauce and red pepper flakes. I tossed in the linguine once it was cooked and off heat, I added some chopped romaine lettuce and grated Parmesan cheese.

While the indoor cooking was going on, Gerry was grilling Shrimp and Crouton Skewers. I had skewered large shrimp with alternating 1" cubes of a baguette on skewers. They got a brush of lemon oil, which was olive oil combined with fresh lemon zest, fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper and went on the grill until the shrimp were pink and the croutons were toasted.

Gerry and I both loved this dish!

1 comment: