Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Italian Sausage and Peppers Subs

Since I had leftover Italian sausages left, I decided to make subs tonight. I cut the sausages into smaller pieces and sauteed them for about 5 minutes to brown on all sides. I then added some water with a splash of red wine, covered the pan and allowed them to simmer for a little over 10 minutes. Next went in a sliced Vidalia onion and a sliced red and green pepper and I allowed everything to cook until all the liquid was evaporated and the vegetables were tender.

I layered the sausage, onion and pepper mixture on some hoagie rolls; added some provolone cheese and popped the subs in the oven just long enough to warm the rolls and melt the cheese.

A really simple meal making use of a protein I had on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment