Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Salad Days of Summer


I decided a salad sounded perfect for our Meatless Monday feature. I tore some Boston lettuce into bite-sized pieces and added a generous handful of halved grape tomatoes, some chopped up avocado, some simply steamed, cooled shrimp and some sliced shallots. I tossed this all with a spicy Ranch dressing which I found at the grocery store. It was absolutely a cool, refreshing salad which I served with some slices of baguette that were drizzled with olive oil and toasted under the broiler.

We ate dinner early so that we could go to the wake for Olga's mom. Olga is a very dear friend of mine and it was her mother's time to go. Her mother was 92 and broke her hip 3 weeks ago and passed away early Sunday morning.

While Olga and her family now travel to Florida for the funeral, I turn to the comfort of my kitchen.

I have bread dough rising, tomato sauce simmering, and fresh pasta resting in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment