Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Corn Fritters for Sunday Lunch


I saw a recent post on Annie's Eats where she made these fritters and since corn is plentiful and on sale right now, it sounded like the perfect lunch.

I shucked 3 ears of corn and cut the kernels off. Two cups of the kernels went in the food processor until pureed but still a little chunky. The pureed corn went back into the bowl with the remaining corn kernels. I added some flour, cornmeal, a little diced red onion, a little sliced basil, baking powder, baking soda, and salt & pepper. This was all combined before adding a couple of eggs, a little buttermilk, and some melted butter and then stirred again just to combine everything.

I then made the tomato avocado salsa by chopping a fresh tomato and adding minced scallion, fresh basil, minced garlic, fresh lime juice, olive oil, white wine vinegar and salt & pepper. Just before serving, I added some fresh avocado cubes.

I dropped the corn fritter mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls into a skillet with some hot vegetable oil and cooked them a couple of minutes each side until golden brown.

I served three of these on a bed of chopped romaine, topped with the salsa and drizzled with Ranch dressing.

These fritters are light and full of corn flavor. It made a ton and now we are faced with the prospect of having to eat leftovers (yippee).

I love Annie's Eats blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment