Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Grilled Vegetables with Creamy Orzo


Back in April, I made this meal for a meatless Monday and decided I needed it again.

I made the simple vinaigrette with white wine vinegar, olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper and set it aside.

I sliced an eggplant lengthwise in 1-inch thick slices; sliced some Roma tomatoes in half lengthwise and seeded them. I trimmed asparagus spears and since they were thick, I peeled them, and I halved 2 small zucchini. All the vegetables were drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with a little salt before going on the grill. The grilled veggies were chopped when cool enough to handle and put in a large bowl and finally dressed with the previously made vinaigrette.

While the vegetables were grilling, I cooked some whole wheat orzo and once done it went back in the hot pot. I then added some heavy cream, grated Parmesan cheese, some unsalted butter and salt and pepper.

This was just as good as I remembered it. Even though the orzo had cream, cheese and butter, it still felt like a very light meal.

Our rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment