Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Manual Labor and Cooking Dinner

For the past few weeks, we have been tearing apart our master bathroom. Gerry started with pulling up the tile floor a little at a time, and then pulling apart the tiled shower. During the process I planned and made dinner every night. Now we are at the stage of removing wallpaper. This job tends to be my domain. There is nothing especially difficult, just tedious work with a fair amount of time spent on a ladder. I have worked a solid 6 hours for two consecutive days and I think I'm about 1/3 of the way done. Another 4 days and I should be done! Since I start every day with my hour Jazzercise class and have followed that up with 6 hours of manual labor, I put Gerry on dinner detail for this week.

Yesterday, for Meatless Monday, he made veggie burgers which he grilled and made a side of Sweet Potato "Fries" (baked in the oven). A wonderful meal for a Meatless Monday.

Tonight he decided red meat fit the bill after all my manual labor. He grilled a couple of strip steaks over charcoal with some Montreal steak seasoning which were perfect. We had a baked potato, corn on the cob that he also grilled, and sauteed cremini mushrooms.

A very wonderful meal!

I wonder what tomorrow will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment