Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

A New Favorite

For Sunday night's dinner, I made Panko Crusted Halibut with Pesto Butter again. I have made this three times in the past few months and just love it. I took the two halibut fillets and brushed them with melted butter, seasoned with salt and pepper and coated them with Panko breadcrumbs. They went into some hot oil in a skillet, breadcrumb side down to cook for 3 minutes. I then flipped the fillets tossed in a cup of grape tomatoes and popped the entire skillet in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes. The result was perfectly cooked fish and roasted tomatoes. Once the fillets were plated, I topped them with some Pesto butter that I had frozen after the last time I made these.

Our side dish in addition to the roasted tomatoes was Risotto Alfredo. I cooked some chopped onions in a little olive oil to soften them, then added some arborio rice and sauteed the rice in the oil and onion to coat each grain for a few minutes. I proceeded to add warm chicken broth 1/4 cup at a time stirring constantly until all 2 cups has been absorbed. Once done, I stirred in a little heavy cream and Parmesan cheese.

I just love this dish!!!

I give this

1 comment: