Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Broiled Tilapia with Thai Coconut Curry Sauce

I knew when I came across this recipe that I needed to make it since Gerry and I both love fish and it has one of my other favorite things to eat - Thai coconut curry sauce. Have I mentioned before how much I love Thai curries? The depth of flavor in this recipe was wonderful with just a little bit of heat. I know for sure I will make this dish again and again.

I cut the amount of fish in the recipe for two servings, but I went ahead and make the full sauce recipe rather than try to cut it down. The next time I make this, I will buy 4 fish fillets so we can have the leftovers for lunch the next day.



Broiled Tilapia with Thai Coconut Curry Sauce (serves 6)
Adapted from Skinnytaste.com, originally adapted from Cooking Light

1 teaspoon sesame oil, divided
1 tablespoon minced, peeled fresh ginger
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1 cup scallions, chopped
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 teaspoons red curry paste
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
4 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons Asian fish sauce
1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
6 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
salt
cooking spray

Preheat broiler.

Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add pepper and scallions; cook 1 minute. Stir in curry powder, curry paste, and cumin; cook 1 minute. Add soy sauce, sugar, Asian fish sauce, and coconut milk, bring to a simmer. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro or basil if using.

Brush fish with remaining 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve fish with sauce, rice, and lime wedges.


Our rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment