Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Pork Chops with Carolina Rub

I thought these pork chops sounded yummy when I first read the recipe and so I decided to make them tonight. I started with 2 boneless center-cut pork loin chops which I rubbed on both sides with a flavorful spice rub. The recipe called for grilling these, but since it was a cold, gray day in the Dallas area, I decided to just cook them under the broiler and I must say it worked out just fine.

I served the pork chops with stove-top barbecue beans and homemade coleslaw.



Pork Chops with Carolina Rub (2 servings)
Adapted from Cooking Light Dinner Tonight Cookbook

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut pork loin chops
cooking spray
2 tablespoons barbecue sauce

Prepare grill or preheat broiler.

Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Rub pork with spice mixture; let pork stand 10 minutes.

Place pork on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Grill or broil 4 minutes. Turn pork, and grill or broil 2 minutes. Brush each chop with 1 tablespoon sauce, and grill or broil 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.


Our rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment