Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Rosemary Potato Frittata

After the excess eating of the Christmas holidays, I was glad to see a Meatless Monday. I really did not want to go to the grocery store today, so I decided to make a meal using what I had on hand and what I received in our CSA basket Saturday morning. I had eggs, garlic, fresh rosemary, and Parmesan cheese on hand and I had received onions, potatoes and mustard greens along with other items in our basket and so I made a Rosemary Potato Frittata with sauteed Mustard greens.



It was all good but we both felt like we knew we were eating what's good for us compared to the excessive diet of late. I know greens are good for us and loaded with antioxidants and so we ate them. I'm hoping we will like them more and more every time we make them.



Rosemary Potato Frittata
Adapted from Rachel Ray

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 pound baby potatoes
1/2 small onion
2 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper
6 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup milk, half and half, or cream
1/4 cup Parmesan, grated


Heat oven to 450 degrees F.

Heat the olive oil in medium heat-proof skillet over medium-low heat with the clove of crushed garlic. Let the garlic infuse the oil while you thinly slice the potatoes and onion; then remove the garlic. Add the potatoes and onions to the skillet and season with rosemary and salt and pepper, to taste. Raise the heat a little and cook for 6 to 7 minutes. Turn the potato/onion mixture over and cook for 5 minutes more. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Add the egg mixture to the skillet and move them around and under the potatoes to settle them. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until golden on top, about 10 to 12 minutes. Scatter the cheese on top, turn the oven off and let sit for another couple of minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.

Yield: 2 servings


Our rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment