Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fudgy, Chewy Brownies

For Tuesday night dinner, I made my Fusilli with 3 Cheeses and Red Peppers which my daughter requested. It is one of our favorites and is super simple to make. I'm not posting that recipe since I have already discussed it a few times on my blog. I served a simple green salad with the pasta and I made homemade brownies for dessert. The brownies came out beautifully and I hate to admit I usually make brownies from a box. I love this recipe since I will no longer have to turn to a box to get a freshly made brownie.



Fudgy, Chewy Brownies
Adapted from Annie's Eats Blog, originally from Baking Illustrated

5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into quarters
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour

Place an oven rack in the lower-middle position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.

In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt the chocolates and butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Whisk in the cocoa powder until smooth. Set aside to cool.

In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt; whisk until combined, about 15 seconds. Whisk in the warm chocolate mixture until incorporated. Then stir in the flour with a wooden spoon until just combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread with a spatula to make an even layer. Bake until slightly puffed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a small amount of sticky crumbs clinging to it, 35-40 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.

Remove the brownies from the pan using the foil and transfer to a cutting board. cut into squares as desired. Store in an air-tight container.

My rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment