Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Curried Chicken and Rice

I spent today dealing with clutter of things that did not have a home in our RV and rearranged a number of different areas, so I am feeling much better about our space.  I still have to master our washer/dryer combination but that will be on Thursday's schedule since I am busy tomorrow with working out, my monthly hair appointment and going to Sur la Table to purchase a couple new compact kitchen items. 

In an effort to master my microwave/convection oven, I turned to a recipe from the cookbook that came with the unit.  I purposely chose this recipe since it used both the microwave component and the convection bake component.  It turned out to be quite good, which I find interesting since it used canned cream of chicken soup which I am not a fan of.  This was an excellent opportunity to understand how my combination unit worked and we got to have a pretty good dinner to boot.



Curried Chicken and Rice
Makes 6 Servings

2 tablespoons butter
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 cups cooked rice

In 3-quart casserole, place butter, chicken and onion.  Microwave at high 7 to 8 minutes until chicken is no longer pink, stirring every 2 minutes.  Add chicken soup, parsley, curry powder, salt, paprika, pepper and rice. 

If using a combination unit, place metal accessory rack on rack supports.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Bake 25 to 30 minutes.

Adapted from GE's Microwave Convection Oven Cookbook


My rating:

+

No comments:

Post a Comment