Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Greek Couscous Salad

I have made an administrative change to my blog to allow people to be able to leave comments much easier now.  So please leave me a comment if you find a recipe you like.

Now on to the food - this was the side dish I served with the Lamb Chops last night and it was the perfect side.  This couscous was so good it could certainly stand alone and so I felt it deserved its own blog post.  The simply cooked couscous was combined with chopped tomatoes and cucumbers, drizzled with fresh lemon juice, a little olive oil and finally combined with feta cheese and fresh dill.  I served it at room temp and had some leftovers today served cold.  I think the flavors are a little more pronounced by letting it come to room temperature.



Greek Couscous Salad
Makes 4 servings

1 cup water
1/2 cup couscous (preferably 100% whole wheat)
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh dill weed, finely chopped

Bring the cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.  Stir the couscous into the boiling water. Cover saucepan, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes (or follow package directions), fluff with a fork.  Transfer to a medium bowl and allow to cool briefly.  Add tomatoes, cucumber, feta, lemon juice, olive oil and dill.  Stir to combine.  Season as desired with salt and pepper.

Slightly adapted form Jillian Michaels

My rating:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the valuable feedback. I think that strategy is sound and can be easily replicable. Great posts. I love this article.
    Grossistes du couscous au Québec

    ReplyDelete