Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Shrimp Scampi

I love the fact that shrimp are available anywhere in this country or at least in all the states we have visited so far.  I had been craving some comfort foods and Shrimp Scampi was just screaming my name.  I have been making this particular recipe for years which calls for covering raw shrimp with a butter, garlic sauce and placing them under the broiler until just pink.  Since I don' have a broiler in the motor home, I tweaked the recipe a bit and ended up with a dish that was just what I expected.  I served this over some simple brown rice with a side of sauteed cherry tomatoes.



Shrimp Scampi
Makes 2 servings

3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large cloves garlic
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
lemon wedges for garnish

In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the shrimp for just a couple of minutes until they just turn pink.  Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.

Over medium low heat melt the butter and add the garlic, salt, pepper and oregano.  Saute, stirring frequently for a couple of minutes and add the lemon juice and the shrimp back in the pan.  Cook, stirring frequently for another minute or so to heat the shrimp back up.

Garnish with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.

Slightly adapted from Good Housekeeping Illustrated Cookbook

Our rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment