Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Fish Meuniere

I really wanted to make Sole Meuniere but the market I went to was out of sole, so I substituted tilapia instead.  I like tilapia since it is so versatile but didn't really pay attention to the fact that it is farm-raised instead of wild-caught.  I am really trying to keep our proteins as organic, humane and wild as I can and so I'll need to remember to check the fish counter labels more closely.  The dish turned out wonderfully even with the fish substitution.  I served it with oven roasted broccoli and carrots.



Fish Meuniere
Makes 2 servings

2-3 tilapia fillets
1/4 cup brown rice flour
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons organic butter
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced

Combine the flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large shallow plate.  Pat the fish fillets dry with paper towels.

Heat the butter in a large saute pan over medium heat until it starts to brown.  Dredge the fish fillets in the seasoned flour on both sides and place them in the hot butter.  Lower the heat to medium-low and cook for 2 minutes.  Turn the fillets carefully with a spatula and cook for another 2 minutes.  While the second side cooks, add the lemon zest and juice to the pan.  Plate the cooked fillets carefully and sprinkle with the parsley.

Slightly adapted from Barefoot Contessa

Our rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment