Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Grilled Salmon with Tomato Relish

I love all of Bobby Flay's recipes that I have tried and the few meals I had at his Mesa Restaurant in Las Vegas.  I tend to cook his recipes for special occasions since they are usually more complicated than I like to tackle on an everyday basis.  This particular recipe of Bobby's is not too complicated but still packed with flavor.  I'm still undecided as to how I feel with tomatoes paired with salmon.  I kept thinking the pairing was a little strange but it certainly didn't stop me from clearing my plate. 

I served the salmon with a side of pureed cauliflower.



Grilled Salmon with Tomato Relish
Makes 2 servings

For the salmon:
1/3 cup champagne vinegar
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 tablespoon ancho chile powder
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 salmon fillets (6-8 ounces each)

For the relish:
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon finely diced sweet onion
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

For the salmon glaze:  over high heat, in a small saucepan, reduce the vinegar and sherry by half.  Pour the reduced mixture in a bowl and add the mustard, honey, ancho chile powder and salt and pepper to taste.  Set aside while preparing the relish.

For the tomato relish:  combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve at room temperature.

Preheat the grill to medium high.  Brush the salmon with the glaze and grill 3 minutes on each side for medium.  Serve with the tomato relish.


Slightly adapted from Hot Off the Grill with Bobby Flay

Our rating:

1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment